Monday 22 August 2011

Feeling like Bukowski

You don't know how boring it is
to sit down at a table
listening to conversations about the new watch
of Patek Philippe,
about how to advertise on Vogue,
about bank accounts...

I wish I was brave enough
to get so pissed to lose my senses,
vomit all my rage on those white shirts
and then
slowly
fade
away...

I wish I was crazy enough to get undressed,
climb up the table
and yell to these people
that money buys everything but no salvation,
that we all live in the same hell....

But I am just sitting down at this table
writing these not really inspired lines,
downing my fifth glass
of excellent rosé wine,
getting silently drunk...

And it feels good
being wrapped by the patina
of intoxication,
oh God if it feels good
despite all the useless chatting.


3 comments:

ASTRONAUTA said...

Come mi garba Bukowski...

Sunshine said...

EH PURE A ME!!
è grazie a lui che ho iniziato a considerare la mia scrittura seriamente... mi imbattei con le sue poesie per caso, pensavo scrivesse solo prosa...i suoi romanzi mi piacciono ma non tanto quanto le sue liriche, se tali si possono definire..e niente, leggendole ho pensato, ma se questa è poesia pure le mie lo sono..conoscevo solo autori appartenente al canone, prima! grazie Charles! grazie a "Shakespeare non l'ha mai fatto", grazie a Nicola BG che me lo prestò e ora non c'è più...

Free(k)dom said...

Anch'io lo conobbi grazie ad una persona che me lo "presentò", ma non ricordo quale fosse la prima cosa che lessi di lui, forse l'intervista che gli fece Fernanda Pivano, e da lì non mi sono più fermata!
Comunque bella questa tua poesia :)